Current version: Pre-Alpha 1.6.1
Released July 11, 2017. Click here to view a comprehensive version history.
- Many, many bug fixes
- New in Pre-Alpha 1.6:
- Added Pine Lake along with its own enemies, weapons, etc.
- Massive internal changes to code structure, will likely kill a few bugs, increase performance, and decrease file size
- Added a farm in the Meadow: play a minigame to defend the farm from orcs
- Added a new boss
- All weapons now have their own ability to pierce a specific number of enemies per swing
- Many graphical changes: adding grasses, flowers, shrubs, and changing a few sprites
- Dynamic spawn system: More enemies will spawn with a low number of them onscreen, less enemies will spawn with more onscreen
- Making the world more maneuverable, namely changing the way furniture works (you can now walk in front of and behind it correctly)
- Added a far better, more in-depth tutorial system
- Equipment, stats, and status effects operate on percentage values as opposed to flat values
- Rebalancing everything
- Many bug fixes
The final version before release, Beta 1.0, is in the works! There's a LOT of stuff to be added, so this process will take a very long time. Be on the lookout for any new information! Release date: To be determined
- Adding Volcano along with its own enemies, weapons, etc.
- Adding the dragon
- Adding the Pyramid - test your fighting skills with a variety of challenges
- Adding the sketchy potion merchant in the Tundra
- Trees that remember where they grew
- A MUCH more diverse environment filled with more quest opportunities, structures, and other aesthetics
- Giant boulders
- Post game experience, bringing along new enemies and weapons
- Difficulty modes - play the normal game, or play the Challenging difficulty mode
Looking to find out the latest on Draxel development? Look no further!
New website! - December 19, 2018 - Acr515
That's right: draxel.2xsgames.com has received a major facelift! Users of the old website know how awkward and clunky some elements were. Not to mention, any experienced web developer would be appalled by the sheer nonsense of my HTML. This new design is much nicer, smoother, and adaptive to mobile devices. Don't worry; we haven't gotten rid of the demo!
It's been well over a year since we've gotten Greenlit on Steam. Thank you to everyone who voted! Hopefully we can churn out a final product for Draxel soon; you can find any updates here! wow it's been a while since the last post
Making progress - November 17, 2017 - Acr515
We've been making some progress on Draxel recently. Here's a taste of what we've been working on...
Also, we'd like you to have a look at the first image of the dragon. Note that this image is under heavy development, and the final product may likely look much different!
Patch released - July 11, 2017 - Acr515
Pre-Alpha 1.6.1 has been released, addressing the many, many bugs in the previous version.
Pre-Alpha 1.6 finished - July 7, 2017 - Acr515
Pre-Alpha 1.6 has been completed! Contact me if you'd like to be a tester for this version. This is the largest update for Draxel since Pre-Alpha 1.4. Many things have been added, changed, and redone. If you'd like to see the full list of changes, be sure to check out the Updates tab. The completion of this update brings us one step closer to being able to post to the Steam store!
Progress report - June 23, 2017 - Acr515
We've begun adding new content to Pine Lake! We've finished redoing all enemies, weapons, and the entire inventory! As for the new content, we've added all but one weapon to Pine Lake so far, and we're about to move on to armor and equipment. Hopefully we can finish this version at some point in early to mid July. Check out one of the new weapons for Pine Lake: Knife Storm.